Our pledge to being a sustainable company commits us to manage the company with integrity, protect the environment and create an inclusive, safe and healthy workplace.
A Case for Sustainability
Operating in a sustainable manner is a smart business practice which helps us maintain positive relationships with our stakeholders, identify areas of concern, and engage and retain our employees. Sustainable business practices continue to improve our products, keeping them competitive in today's markets and the markets in the future.
Related Opportunities and Challenges
There are numerous opportunities and some challenges when working to achieve sustainability. Although Agrium Advanced Technologies is making great strides, the road to sustainability never ends. There are many bumps and unforeseen turns along the way. These are some of the opportunities and challenges we have identified in the past few years:
- Managing our growth and change responsibly in a global economy;
- Recruiting and retaining the right people in a changing demographic and economy;
- Reducing our environmental impacts without compromising our ability to operate today and in the future;
- Developing products and services that are safe and energy efficient;
- Keeping our employees, contractors, and communities safe, healthy and secure.
The definition of a stakeholder is any person, group, organization, or system that affect or can be affected by an organization's actions. As our vision hinges on their perceptions of our actions resulting in a positive impact, it may help to identify them and our top line strategy related to each.